You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Bilingual tour guide. Roundtrip transfer from Florida St to Retiro bus terminal.
- Regular bus tickets.
- Transfer from San Antonio de Areco to Estancia Ombeuacute.
- Three-course lunch (starter, main course, dessert).
Days and Hours:
- Monday to Sunday.
- Departs at 9am.
- 9 hours approx.
- See Notes for individual reservations.
Book the San Antonio de Areco & Estancia Day Tour for a truly authentic Gaucho experience which includes a traditional asado, horse-riding and hiking along the river Areco.
The tour starts in Florida Street, where a bus will be waiting to take you to the Retiro Bus Terminal. From there you will go by intercity bus to San Antonia de Areco, where you will have the chance to explore this picturesque town before heading to Estancia Ombu. San Antonio de Areco is a traditional town of the Pampas, where people still retain the customs, warmth and gallantry of the gaucho (Argentine cowboy) spirit. As the setting of the famous novel Don Segundo Sombra by Ricardo Güiraldes, founder of the Martín Fierro group of writers which included Jorge Luis Borges, the town of San Antonio de Areco stands as one of the archetypes of culture in Buenos Aires Province.
After visiting this town, the tour will take you to Estancia Ombu. On arrival at the estancia, you will be given some tasty, locally-produced empanadas and then served a traditional asado lunch to provide you with all the energy you need for the days’ fun activities, which include horse-riding, cycling hiking, pool, ping-pong, football and volleyball. Once you’ve tired yourself out from all the various activities, the tour will take you to the bus terminal in San Antonio de Areco, from where you will be transported back to Retiro.
Book this great day out to escape from the hustle-and-bustle of the city and explore the town of San Antonio de Areco and the beautiful Estancia Ombu.
- This tour departs with a minimum of 2 persons. If there are no other passengers, a single booking is treated as a private tour and carries an extra cost. Should you wish to make an individual reservation, please contact our support team to enquire about availability.
- Children up to the age of 9 years pay half-price.
- There is the option of a vegetarian lunch which consists of salad and grilled vegetables.
- Suitable for the whole family.>
- Once you have made your reservation, our Customer Service will contact you to request essential information for booking the bus tickets.
- The bus service departs from the Retiro Bus Terminal.