You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Return trip tickets for fast ferry from Buenos Aires.
- Walking tour through the Historical Centre.
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Optional: Transfer from your hotel in Buenos Aires to the ferry terminal in Puerto Madero.
- Optional: Bus tour to surrounding areas in Colonia.
- Optional: Lunch in a restaurant.
Days and Hours:
- Monday to Sunday.
- Departs at 7am.
- Returns at 5pm.
- 10 hours approx.
Just one hour from Buenos Aires is the beautiful town of Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. It’s the ideal place to explore on foot during the day to see its beautiful buildings dating back to the early Portuguese settlers, and the subsequent Spanish and post-colonial influences.
One Day in Colonia is perfect for curious travellers who love to unravel the stories and legends of the cities they visit. After walking through the historic Portón de Campo (the city gate and drawbridge), you will visit the Street of Sighs (Calle de los Suspiros), Plaza Mayor and the Plaza de Armas Manuel Lobo, built when the city was founded.
Set out on foot to explore the secrets and beauty of Colonia with this great day trip from Buenos Aires. The best way to experience this World Heritage Site and jewel of Uruguay! Book your walking tour now!
- The meeting point to start the tour is the Puerto Madero Terminal in Buenos Aires.
- If you request a transfer from your hotel, our reservations team will contact you to arrange your transport in Buenos Aires.
- The trip by ferry takes approximately 1 hour.
- Passengers should note that:
- This tour is not guided, services are offered individually.
- If the lunch option at a restaurant is selected, note that drinks are not included in the price.
- If you don’t arrive at the port on time, the value of the booking will not be reimbursed. To start the tour, you should be in Puerto Madero by 7am, and to return you’ll need to be at the port in Colonia by 4pm.
- To enter Uruguay you will need your passport or other relevant document. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure they have the proper documentation.
- Passengers from Mercosur travelling on their passport must carry their entry permit to Argentina to be stamped by authorities. The agency is not responsible for fines or penalties incurred by lack of documentation.
- Due to the high demand for this service, passengers are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information after they’ve made the booking:
- Full name as it appears in the passport.
Expiry date of passport.
Date of birth.
- Once we’ve received this information, we will send an automatic email with official confirmation of the activity. Please note that this process may take a bit more than the usual 47 hours.
- On your return to Buenos Aires at the end of the tour, you will find a variety of options for taxis from the Puerto Madero Terminal back to your hotel.
- To make changes or cancel your booking, you will need to contact our customer service team at least 48 hours before the date of your reservation. Otherwise no changes or refunds will be allowed.