You have no items in your shopping cart.
Tango show without dinner:
- Transfer to and from hotels in downtown Buenos Aires.
- Choice of appetizer or dessert, une bottle of wine every 2 people, open bar of beer and soft drinks.
- Tango show.
Tango show with dinner:
- All of the above.
- Three course dinner.
Wine tasting (Optional with extra cost):
- It includes 3 wines of the Argentine regions with wine-paring: Northern Argentina (Salta and Cafayate); Cuyo (Mendoza) and Patagonia (Bariloche).
- Explanation in Spanish.
- For english translator please consult.
- Passengers taking this option should arrive on their own to the venue.
Days and Hours:
- Wine tasting: Monday to Saturday at 7:00pm.
- Dinner: Monday to Sunday at 8:30pm.
- Tango Show: Monday to Sunday at 10:00pm.
- Dinner and tango show: 4 hours approx.
- Wine tasting: 1 hour.
Reservation for today or tomorrow?
El Querandí Tango House offers a tango show with dinner that tells tango’s complete history; From its very early beginning in the barrios (neighbourhoods) of Buenos Aires, to the influence of the immigrants who gave rise to Argentina's famed dance in the early 20th century, right through to the sung Tango and the more recent modern interpretations.
Located in a very traditional corner of Buenos Aires, where Moreno and Peru Streets meet in San Telmo, the original house was located in one of the city's first neighbourhoods. In 1920, it was renovated to become the tango bar El Querandí, with its impressive art deco facade, checkerboard floor and classic wood details that remain today.
At El Querandí, enjoy a complete tango show with dinner, with an extensive menu of Argentine and international food to suit everyone’s tastes. Before the tango show begins you can enjoy your meal in a cozy, intimate atmosphere with private tables in a traditional setting that remains from the original tango bar.
The tango performance at El Querandí features a classic tango performance divided into four main acts that recount the most important events in tango history: the first act, "The Origins and Tango's First Age" (1900); the second act, "Immigration and Exile" (1920); the third act, "The Golden Age of Tango" (1930); and, the fourth act "Renewal and Modernism" (1960).
If you are on holiday in Buenos Aires, looking to learn more about the beautiful tango tradition and experience an authentic tango experience, El Querandí in historic San Telmo, the heart of Buenos Aires will offer you a warm welcome, an enjoyable experience and a beautifully vintage tango performance that you certainly won't forget! Don't miss the chance to visit and discover why the house was declared a "living testimony to civic memory" and cultural heritage site by the local government.
If you want to get even more out of your tango show at El Querandi, book a complete tango experience that includes a wine tasting introducing you to another of Argentina’s passions! What better way to spend a night in Buenos Aires, accompanied by wine and tango!
NB: You can choose to book your El Querandí tango show with or without dinner.
- The Tango show can be purchased with or without dinner.
- The wine tasting is optional and available at an extra cost that is not included in the dinner and tango show package.
- If the wine tasting is chosen, you should arrive on your own to the venue but you can use the transfer out to get back to your hotel
- There are no tickets to the tango show. The reservations are made under the name of the customer and the booking agency.
- Passengers staying outside the transfer circuit will be assigned the closest hotel within the area, as a meeting point.
- Children up to the age of 3 enter free of charge. Children aged 3 to 10 pay half price. Please contact us to make a booking with these special rates.
- Please note that the transfer service is the responsibility of the tango house. However, in case you need them, our Emergency Assistance Team is available 24 hours a day to help you solve any problem.
What do our clients say about our activities?
Loved the show, take out this column in the middle
I visited El Querandi and the place is very authentic, the chess floor really takes you back in t...
I visited El Querandi and the place is very authentic, the chess floor really takes you back in time. The food was good and the tango show as well, very intimate ambience. The one thing I didn't like is the fact there is a column just in the middle so you can't see the whole stage and you have to move your head constantly( + see more)
The show was excellent, I wish it were longer !
The show was excellent, I wish it were longer !( + see more)